Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just Havin Fun

Got my last case of books on the way. It will be the last of the old original copies that I get.
The new version should be out in a couple of months.
I'm doing a "Book Signing" at the Soldotna Trustworthy Store as soon as the books get here. Probably around the first week of January.
I'm getting ready to load up my "track rig" and go ice fishing in a couple of days.
While I'm on the subject...I have a message for you old Gassers.
It seems that people are always asking me when I will "slow up." Well, I'll be 63 this March, and I have no intention to slow up on anything!! I still like doing all of the things that I did when I was 20 years old. I just don't get them done quite as fast as I could back then. BUT, they still get done. It makes me sick to see people stop doing all the things they like to do just because they get over 50. I'm not "over the hill", but I may very well be above timber line. I also would much better be "over the hill" than "under it."
Don't complain about how the old bones are stiff, or joints are sore. I didn't say that I am "pain free", but I'm not about to give-in to it! Yea, I had a bout with cancer 4 years ago. I was only out of the hospital a couple of weeks when I killed the biggest moose of my life. The doctor told me that I couldn't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. Well, I told him that was about what my 375 Magnum weighed. My little wife skinned, cut up, and packed it 50 yards to the truck.
That little 110 lb. gal is tougher than most men.
I suppose that I could give-in to the sore bones, but it will be when they scatter my "OLD" ashes in the Alaskan outback.
Until then, I'll keep on keeping on and let all of you old gassers get old at 40.
My Dad died the day he was planning to go on a bear hunt. Unfortunately, I know a lot of men who have resolved to sit on the couch before they out of their 30's. What a waste!! I'll be going to some of their funerals.
So much for my soap box!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home