Saturday, November 04, 2006

Bad Things Happen

Last week I got the new set of tracks for my Arctic Cat Prowler. My sweet little owner finally gave her approval.I had mentioned how happy I would be if I had tracks to go ice fishing this winter.Being the clever rascal that I am, I didn't do what I usually do, which is look sad until she came through.That approach had worn out years ago. Instead I just mentioned it in passing and spent hours on the web looking for a nice set of tracks.Being the sensitive gal that she is, she let it ride for a couple of weeks. Then one evening she said, " Well I guess if you want those tracks, you'd better get them ordered before winter is over."It wouldn't have been possible to contain the glee, but I really did try. It was probably over-shadowed by the way I dove down the stairs to get to my computor. I don't think I hit more than two of the steps.She yelled down," If you break your neck, the tracks won't do you much good."The tracks arrived a couple of days ago and I used my neighbors shop to install them.The first bad thing to happened was I drove the machine into the shop only a couple of feet inside of the door.That wasn't so bad because I had plenty of room. The problem came when I set up the light pole, with the two 500 watt lamps in that 2 feet of space. That even wasn't too bad. The problem came when I tried to slip between the lamp post and the front of my machine. It seems that the hook on the wench caught on the front of my trousers, holding me firmly. The lamps were at my back-side with a full 1000 watts of power.Have you ever tried to back up to two 500 watt lamps? Well, there I was, hung up on a wench hook with my "hind-end" toasting. Since the wench cable was rated for 3000 lbs, there wasn't much danger of breaking it, so with a great lunge I managed to rip off one of my pockets.The event ended with a little dance and the dropping of the trousers.I barely got my pants back up when my neighbor returned and asked how I was doing.My reply was, " Not too hot". I told him what I had done, which was a mistake. It seemed to bring a lot of joy to his heart.I wasn't able to really look at my machine with the tracks on it, because it was dark. I did drive it home and parked it in front of the house.The next morning it was 6 above zero. I went to the window to admire my work and couldn't see the machine very well. I walked out on the porch wearing little more than my shorts and slippers to have a quick look.You guessed it! The door locked behind me. I'm glad that I live in a wooded area where no one could see me. It may have looked strange for an old geezer running around looking for the spare house key, wearing little more than his pelt.I also made the mistake of telling my brother, Gib about it. He also seemed to get some enjoyment out of my miss-adventure.I don't run around looking for bad things, but sometimes they still seem to catch me at moments when I least expect them.I thanked my little Honey for the tracks, and told her that I would consider them my Christmas and next Birthday present.She always has a way of saying the nicest things..." Consider it to be all of your next 20 years of Christmas and Birthday presents."How Kool is that!! I don't have to shake presents for the next 20 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home