Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sometimes It Just Doesn't Work

Today I took the bi-weekly trip to town to get the mail.On the way back I stopped in at the local sporting goods store to check on what might be on sale. I found a really nice ice fishing hut that was camo, and it would double as a nice hunting blind too.The price was right and it stirred up a deep desire to buy the thing. After all, I could use it in the winter and in the summer.I managed to contain myself long enough to get away from it before it reached over and grabbed me and begged to take it home.I'm still rideing high on the new set of tracks for my 4-wheeler. About $4,000 worth! The new machine was $10 grand.Some thing down inside caused me to have a bit of fear on what my Owner may have to say about me dragging more toys home.So, I decided to test the waters with only a small item. I found an electronic predator call that was on sale too.I also decided to buy it for her to justify the purchase.When I got home, I opened the door and said, " Hon I'm home , and I got the mail as well as bought you a new predator call that was on sale".Her response was, "What in the heck am I going to do with a predator call"?I immediately said, "Well, you can use it when we go out looking for wolves and coyotes."She responded with, " You old goat, you bought it for you, and tried to justify it by saying that it was for me."She also said, "Besides, you know I don't like getting cold out there waiting for some scroungy coyote to come strolling along."I said,"Well Hon, I can go back and buy the ground blind for you to sit in so you won't get cold. It's on sale too!"That's when I knew I may have pushed the subject a bit too far!I can't print exactly what she had to say, but I don't think the ground blind would fit where she said she would put it?It's been below zero for the last month. I don't cherrish the idea of sleeping out in my track rig until spring.Maybe I'll pass on the ground blind for a while. She has convinced me that she doesn't need any more gifts.So much for being Mr. Nice Guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home