Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Adventures of Bubba-3

For those of you who fish, today would have been a kool experience.
I loaded my Hydro-Traxx, ATV and headed in to Spirit Lake today. My old dog ( fishing partner), Ron Holloway went with me.
The ice was a good 18 inches thick which always makes me happy. The Hydro-Traxx will float 1000 lbs. if it has to, but I don't like for it to "have to".
Ron and I have a special place on the lake to fish. It only takes a couple of minutes to drill the holes with the power auger. I park the rig to block the wind and set up a nice propane heater.
Today I didn't have time to set the heater up until we were almost ready to leave.
I tried using two poles but the fish were biting so fast that I couldn't use both poles.
I don't know how many fish I released. I wound up having to take some home due to them swallowing the hook so deep that it would have killed them.
Ron caught the big fish of the day with a 2 1/2 pound rainbow. Most of the fish are land-locked silver salmon that run about a pound.
I'll be going in there every day or so until spring.
Some of my nephews run in there with their snow machines. It only takes them a few minutes to make it. I prefer to use the old Hydro-Traxx, because I can take my chairs, heaters, lunch, auger, and all of the rest of the gear. I like a nice comfortable ride better than a fast dash. Besides, my rig has a roof and soft, spring-loaded seats. An old feller needs a few comforts.
Just havin' fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home